If you love Legend of Zelda you are gonna want to make this cute and realistic Legend of Zelda Potion Bottle DIY.
When you have a video game loving child sometimes, homeschool in your house is a nerdy ( I mean this with love) art session. For instance, when my son with dyspraxia who hates anything to do with art or fine motor skills, asks me to help him make some Zelda decorations for his room…we stop and make Zelda decor. He really wanted realistic Zelda Potion Bottles to line his shelves with so we grabbed some little bottles from Hobby Lobby’s and dug into the rest of my craft supplies to make exactly what he wanted.
Not only are these a great craft for Zelda or video game themed rooms, in general, but it would also make for a great birthday party activity to, what a fun take home right?
Legend of Zelda Potion Bottle DIY
- small glass bottles with cork tops
- vegetable glycerin
- food coloring
- a small craft stick
- hot glue gun/glue
- Remove the cork top from your bottle. Our bottles are pretty small, you can go with larger life size bottles if you prefer but we wanted to be able to fit them into the small chest he uses for his Zelda items.
- Fill to 1/4″ from the top with vegetable glycerin and then wipe the top and sides of the bottles clean.
- Add a couple drops of your desired food coloring and stir, repeat until you reach the desired shade. (remember to grab a new stick for each color so it doesn’t muddy them up). We made blue, red, and green potions to start.
- Add a bit of hot glue to the bottom rim of the cork toppers and press them into place.
- Add them to your Zelda Collection!
We have another fun and simple Legend of Zelda craft project coming next week so check back with us!
I wish I had a better pic but here is my Zelda loving boy in his homemade Link costume from last Halloween!